PhD candidate in the field of social/cognitive psychology & organizational behavior with the management department at the Hong Kong of Science and Technology business school.
My research is mainly focused on the following topics :
- The belief in free will and other laybeliefs
- Personal values
- Unethical behavior and morality
- Feldman Gilad, Farh, J. Larry, Chao Melody, Bardi Anat. On being unethical : A values perspective. Second round review in Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (IF2012: 4.877)
- Parks Laura, Feldman Gilad, Bardi Anat. Personality and values: A meta-analysis. Received invitation to revise and resubmit in Personality and Social Psychology Review (IF2012: 8.195)
- Feldman Gilad, Wong K. F. Ellick., Baumeister F Roy. Bad is freer than good : Free will and contextual valence. Received invitation to revise and resubmit in Cognition (IF2012: 3.523)
- Feldman Gilad, Baumeister F Roy. Free will is about choosing: Links between choice and beliefs in free will. Received invitation to revise and resubmit in Journal of Experimental Social Psychology (IF2012: 2.219)
- Feldman Gilad, Vohs D. Kathleen, Baumeister F Roy. The Freedom that Comes with Wealth: Money Stimulates Belief in Free Will. Under review at Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes IF2012: 2.816)
Research projects pending submission
- Feldman Gilad, Wong K. F. Ellick. The freedom to excel : The relationship between the belief in free will, self control and academic, job and socioeconomic performance.
- Feldman Gilad, Lian Huiwen, *Kosinski Michal, *Stillwell David. Are people who curse more or less dishonest? On profanity and dishonesty on Facebook.
- Feldman Gilad, Johar Gita, Sengupta Jaideep, Mukhopadhyay Anirban, Chao Melody, Melumad Shiri. The freedom to pursue cheating: How lay-beliefs interact with personal goals to predict unethical behavior.
Following is the presentation from the thesis proposal defense :
Academic Community Engagement
- A blog includes some of my thoughts and experiences regarding research, methods, teaching, and academia in general.
- A WIKI is a platform where I share my research and teaching materials.
- The mgto_org Twitter account that includes some of the research I find interesting.
If you have any questions or suggestions, or you’re interested in my work, please don’t hesitate to contact me.