In the last few years I’ve been trying to try and quantitatively summarize the literature by conducting pre-registered meta-analysis systematic reviews of the literature of the domains I am involved in.
Through this process it became clear that we need better tools and templates to promote open reproducible meta-analyses, and that it is important to try and conduct those through Registered Reports.
I am involved in several initiatives and lead several others all aimed to improve best practices in meta-analyses.
- Collaborative Meta analysis syllabus (also see my meta-analysis workshop materials)
- Non-Interventional, Reproducible, and Open Evidence Synthesis (NIROES): Preprint / OSF project page
- Inclusive Systematic Review Registration Form: Preprint / OSF project page / Google Doc (adding meta pre-reg to OSF)
We’ve developed the following resources to support doing meta analyses as Registered Reports:
- Experimental Meta-Analysis Registered Report Template: Main manuscript
- Experimental Meta-Analysis Registered Report Template: Supplementary
- Correlational Meta-Analysis Registered Report Template: Main manuscript (soon)
- Correlational Meta-Analysis Registered Report Template: Supplementary (soon)
See this list (column 6 – “offered for meta-analysis) for the journals willing to accept meta-analysis registered reports.
Our meta-analysis Registered Report publications:
- Lim, V., & Feldman, G. (2022). Values and the dark side: Meta-analysis of links between Dark Triad traits and personal values. Journal of Research in Personality. [Preprint] [Registered Report Stage 1 in-principle acceptance]
- Nanakdewa, K., et al., Savani, K., & Feldman, G. (2022). Outcomes associated with believing in free will: Meta-analysis. Journal of Research in Personality. [Registered Report Stage 1 in-principle acceptance]
Our pre-registered meta-analysis publications:
- Fillon, A., Kutscher, L., & Feldman, G. (2020). Impact of past behavior normality on regret: Meta-analysis of exceptionality effect. Cognition and Emotion. DOI: 10.1080/02699931.2020.1816910
Ongoing meta-analysis projects:
- Bialek, M., Gao, Y., Yao, D., & Feldman, G. Owning leads to valuing: Meta-analysis of the Mere Ownership Effect. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.13568.33287/1 [Preprint]
- Omission-commission asymmetries in moral judgements and decisions: Meta-analysis of Omission-Bias.
- Action-inaction asymmetries in judgment and emotions: Meta-Analysis Registered Report of the Action Effect.
Our old school meta-analysis publications (before I became aware of open-science):
- Parks-Leduc, L., Feldman, G., & Bardi, A. (2015). Personality traits and personal values: A meta-analysis. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 19(1), 3-29.